DraftSight 2017 will crash, if the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In is set to open on startup. This article provides steps to disable the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In upon startup in DraftSight to resolve the issue.
The following error message is seen when DraftSight is opened up.
Then the software automatically closes/crashes.
To resolve this issue, in DraftSight disable the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-in on startup.
1) Go to C:\ProgramData\Dassault Systemes\DraftSight\addinConfigs
2) Edit the file 'DraftSightSWPDMConnector.xml' with NotePad
3)Set the startup='1' to startup='0'
4) Launch DraftSight 2017 SP0
5) If the user wants to use the SOLIDWORKS PDM add-in with DraftSight, then go to Classic Workspace mode > Tools > Add-Ins
6) Check on the 'Active' box for SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In. (PLEASE MAKE SURE TO NOT put a check in the 'Start Up' box, as this will cause the crash when launching.)
The above steps should no longer cause the issue, as long as the SOLIDWORKS PDM add-in for Startup in DraftSight is disabled.
For further technical support please contact Hawk Ridge Systems at 877.266.4469 for the U.S. or 866.587.6803 for Canada.