This guide is written for users of Enterprise DraftSight. The goal of this guide is to ensure that the reader is able to successfully install Enterprise DraftSight for a client connected to a Dassault Systemes License Server (DSLS).
Before installing DraftSight, please be sure to uninstall a previously installed version of DraftSight.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support.
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
The DraftSight installation files can be downloaded prior to installation.
1. Download the appropriate version of DraftSight to your desktop from the download page by clicking here. Make sure to select the button for the correct operating system on the download page.
2. Choose accept to consent to the License Agreement.
There are several things that will need to be taken care of before the installation of the DraftSight can take place:
1. Uninstall your previously installed version of DraftSight. You will not be able to install a purchased version of DraftSight, without uninstalling your previously installed DraftSight.
2. Check hardware compatibility.
• You can find the latest version of compatible hardware for the Draftsight in the Latest release webpage. Select the 'Download Media' option to view the System Requirements.
3. Check hard drive for space and overhead.
• In the Windows Explorer, go to My Computer and check destination drive (by default the C drive). Right-click this drive and choose Properties to see it has the minimum free space for the full program.
Once these items have been taken care of, the installation can begin.
1. Make sure you are logged in as the administrator.
2. Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
3. Double click the downloaded DraftSight64 application on your saved location.
4. The DraftSight Installation Wizard Window will appear. The Installation wizard will welcome you to DraftSight and ask which type of installation you would like to perform. For network install using the DSLS, pick the option Dassault Systemes License Server (DSLS). Press the Next button to continue.
5. After, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement. Choose I accept the terms in the license agreement and press Install.
6. Now DraftSight will install.
7. Press the Finish button to complete the installation.
8. The DraftSight License Administrator window will appear. Select Add under the Server List to add the name of the server.
9. The DraftSight License Administrator window will appear. Add the server name under Server Name and select.
Now the software is loaded on the system and ready for use.