As of April 10, 2023, SOLIDWORKS Administrators will no longer need to assign a product to a member in the SOLIDWORKS Admin Portal to grant Subscription Service benefits, such as SOLIDWORKS downloads, technical support, software upgrades, certifications, and Beta/EV programs. Similarly, individuals will no longer need to register a SOLIDWORKS Serial Number to gain Subscription Service benefits. This change means SOLIDWORKS administrators and members no longer need to visit the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
Rather, entitlement will be defined at the organizational level. The organization will be entitled to Subscription Service benefits as long as the company owns and maintains SOLIDWORKS products. Any contacts within the organization will be considered entitled.
If you are an individual that is NOT a SOLIDWORKS Administrator, you must reach out to your SOLIDWORKS Administrator to add your corporate email address as a contact to the entitled organization.
If an individual needs access to Subscription Services, the SOLIDWORKS Administrators (with security administrator role) must follow the process below:
- Log in to DSx Client Care and Order.
- Click Main Menu>Contact Administration.
*Note: The Main Menu items will not be available, if you do not have the Security Administrator role. Please contact your SOLIDWORKS Administrator or contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support to have the Security Administrator role assigned to your contact.
- Click New Contact at the bottom left of the page to add the contact.
- Fill out the fields with the contact information (First Name, Last Name, and Email are required). Click Save and Return.
- From the contact list, find the new contact and click the Change button next to it
- Select which roles to assign to the new contact and click Ok. (A table, only available for Security Administrator roles, describing each role can also be found on this page. Generally, the Support Restricted role is appropriate for most SOLIDWORKS users.)
- Back in the contact list, click the Apply Role Changes button at the bottom left.
The administrator and the new contact should both receive an email confirming the new contact and role. The newly added contact will be considered entitled to subscription service benefits when the user logs in to the 3DEXPERIENCE ID using the same email address defined in the above instructions. If the individual does not have a 3DEXPERIENCE ID, the user can create one at any time using the instructions provided in the link below.
3DEXPERIENCE ID Creation process (3ds.com)
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and email@example.com.