SOLIDWORKS products are developed to work with all anti-virus applications, but it is not feasible for their development team to validate all the different anti-virus and security softwares. In general, these exceptions are not required. However, in cases where installation errors or performance issues are caused by the anti-virus system, these are the specific processes and folders that should be excluded by the anti-virus.
For additional information and the latest recommendations from SOLIDWORKS, review updated notes on their system requirements page here:
- Use a trusted antivirus product.
- Keep your antivirus product updated to the latest version.
- Stay updated with the latest antivirus definition/signature file (This defines the known current vulnerabilities and exemptions).
- To ensure optimum performance, it is not recommended to install antivirus software on the SOLIDWORKS PDM vault server.
- Consider creating exemptions for SOLIDWORKS file types and folder locations to improve SOLIDWORKS file based runtime performance such as File Open/Save/Save As and PDM Vault Checkin/Checkout.
- If you encounter install, runtime errors, or warnings from your antivirus product, first check the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base for known issues, then contact your SOLIDWORKS reseller.
- Swboengine.exe (Task scheduler background process)
- SolidWorksLicTemp.0003 - depends on the number of instances of SolidWorks running
- Swbgproc.exe (process which silently updates HLR drawing views to HQ from draft)
The main SOLIDWORKS PDM services (processes) on the server side are:
The PDM client processes are:
- There maybe other processes that run based on specific add-ins being used on the client machine. It is recommended to work with your IT to identify any that maybe monitored and blocked to add additional exclusions.
- Information gathered from SOLIDWORKS Knowledge base articles: S-052103, S-017774, S-015681, S-050192.