For non-SOLIDWORKS customers or users who install via the free installer from the eDrawings Viewer website: https://www.edrawingsviewer.com/, a registration is required. For these users, a one-time registration is required.
If you are a SOLIDWORKS customer, it is not necessary to follow the registration process. However, eDrawings must be installed via the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager. You will not need to enter a serial, however the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager from the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal must be used.
To install eDrawings using the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager, follow these steps:
- On a machine without a SOLIDWORKS installation, run the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager and click on the ‘Individual’ installation option.
- Clear the check box for the ‘SOLIDWORKS [version]’ or ‘SolidNetWork’ license options > click ‘Next’.
- An Installation Manager message will appear stating ‘You have not entered a serial number. You will be limited to products which do not require serial number to install’.
- Click ‘OK’ to proceed.
- In the products page, click ‘CHANGE’.
- Clear the checkbox for products except for the eDrawings product.
- Go back to the ‘Summary’ page.
- Accept the SOLIDWORKS terms > ‘Install Now’. The eDrawings installation will begin.
- Click the ‘Finish’ button.
- When you first run the eDrawings application, the software asks you to accept the license agreement. Click ‘Accept’.
The eDrawings application will start normally without a registration prompt.
Article is closed for comments.