This article applies to SOLIDWORKS 2014 and older.
If updating a Toolbox to SOLIDWORKS 2015 or newer, please refer to this article.
Question: How can a user manually update a Toolbox "swbrowser.mdb" database to the next major version or Service Pack?
Answer: The update to "swbrowser.mdb" can be manually performed by following the steps below. Be sure to create a backup of your Toolbox directory (C:\SolidWorks Data by default) before performing any upgrades or changes to your toolbox.
- On a user's machine open Windows Explorer and browse to
C:\Program Files\Solidworks (install directory)\SolidWorks\Toolbox\data utilities, locate the file called UpdateBrowserData.exe
- Double click this file to run the update utility.
- For the Updating Database field browse to C:\Program Files\Solidworks (install directory)\Solidworks\Toolbox\data utilities\lang\English and choose the file updatedb.mdb.
- For the Database to Update field browse to C:\SolidWorks Data(shared toobox folder)\lang\English\ and choose the SWBrowser.mdb.
For users upgrading to SolidWorks 2012 through SolidWorks 2014, one additional upgrade must be completed.
- Launch sldtoolboxupdate.exe found in C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\Toolbox\toolboxconfigure\
- Click the "SolidWorks/Toolbox installation media location..." button and browse to your SolidWorks media directory.
- Click Process to update the toolbox contents.
Note: If the user is running a shared Toolbox installation where multiple users interact with the same SWBrowser.mdb file in a shared location, then ALL users must exit SolidWorks to ensure that no user is locking the database. If the database is currently in use, then the update will fail.
Please sign in to leave a comment.