This article will go through the steps necessary to update any Markforged printer or sinter that cannot be updated via network connection. Note that a FAT32 formatted USB drive will be required for the steps listed in this article.
In order to download the offline updates for your Markforged hardware, you will first want to log in to your Eiger account. If your printer is being kept offline intentionally, note that only the browser based version of Eiger has the ability to host and download firmware updates.
Once you have logged into your Eiger account, you can download and apply an update with these steps:
1. Access your Eiger menu via the icon in the upper right hand corner.
2. Select the Account Settings option.
3. Under the Account Settings area in the left of your Eiger window, click on Downloads.
4. Download your desired update by clicking on the related icon. As shown in the image above, the Printer Update will be applicable to all Markforged 3D printers while the Sinter Update can be applied to all Markforged sintering units.
5. Transfer your update to a USB drive. Update must be in the top level of your USB drive, and cannot be placed inside a folder. The update should also be the only file on your USB drive.
6. Insert the USB drive into your printer or sinter.
7. After a few moments, an Update Available banner should appear. Click on the update icon in the top bar of your system UI.
8. Select the USB Update option.
9. The system will apply your update and will restart at least once. Do not unplug your USB drive until the machine has fully rebooted and the Update Available banner does not appear when the UI is fully usable again.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact 3DPSupport@hawkridgesys.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.