Creating a cut using a keyway cutter in CAMWorks can be very simple.
To create a keyway cut in CAMWorks, please follow the instructions, below.
- Right-click on the Mill Part Setup and select New 2.5 Axis Feature…
- For Type: select Open Profile
- For Selected Entitles choose the bottom edge of the open profile and choose End Condition
- For the End Condition select the Upto Face option and select the top face of your cut.
- Click OK or the Green Check Mark
- Generate the Operation Plan for the Open Profile Feature.
- Right click on the Contour Mill Operation and select Edit Definition.
- Change the Tool to a Keyway Cutter. If a keyway cutter needs to be added to a Tool Crib, use the instructions in the next section, “How to Add a Keyway Cutter”.
- Select the Contour tab and change the First cut amt. to the width or thickness of the cutter.
- Change Max cut amt. to half of the First cut amt.
- Select the Leadin tab and change the Leadin type to Arc.
- Generate Toolpath to view the toolpath for the keyway cut.
How to Add a Keyway Cutter
Follow the instructions below, to add a keyway cutter to a Tool Crib for a Contour Mill operation.
- Right-click on the Contour Mill Operation and select Edit Definition.
- Select the Tool>Tool Crib>Add…
- Change Tool type: to Keyway, select a Filter by method and choose OK.
- Add the appropriate Keyway Cutter and select OK.
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and email@example.com.