The newly released option for CAMWorks licensing allows a machine to be activated without the need of a license file that is tailor made for the machine.
Note: This is a license option that must be arranged with your sales representative. It is not an option for a license that is already file based.
Setting up the Server machine
1. Upon the completion of the order and processing by the manufacturer you will receive a Activation ID number. This ID number controls what modules are enabled and when they expire.
2. FROM THE SERVER MACHINE Start by Launching the CWLicense manager. Right mouse button click on the application and use the option “run as administrator.”
3. Navigate to the Server Settings tab and select the button that initializes this machine as the server.
4. Navigate to the Server Settings tab and select Online Activation for the License Method.
Automatically over the internet
5. Enter in your product ID(s) and use the Add button for each ID to add them to the list.
6. Select the Find My Product(s) button to gather your product information.
7. Once the products have been found make sure to check the checkbox agreeing to the terms and conditions. Then select the Activate My Product(s) button to continue.
8. A new menu will appear and request a name and email address. Both are necessary to continue.
9. If the process is successful a new window will appear and list your products as active as well as show product expiration and support expiration dates.
10. Selecting the Close button will bring you back to the License Setup tab. From here you can start the License Service.
11. Your License is now active and is ready to use. To verify what modules you have available you can navigate to the Authorized Modules.
Manually Via Email
5. If Manually via email activation is selected you will see a different menu. Enter in your product ID(s) and use the Add button for each ID to add them to the list.
6. Check the check box agreeing to the terms and conditions and select the Activate My Product(s).
7. A new window will appear. You will need to enter a name and valid email address before continuing. Once the information is entered select the Save button. The software will create a request file that you will need to email to the address listed in the menu.
8. You will receive a response email with an attachment within 3 (business) days. Navigate back to this menu at that time and use the Open button to select the file attached in the response email. Then Select Activate my Product(s).
9. Your License is now active and is ready to use. To verify what modules you have available you can navigate to the Authorized Modules.
Setting up the Client connection
12. The client machines can now be setup to connect to the server machine to pull available licenses.
FROM THE CLIENT MACHINE Launch the CWLicense manager. Right mouse click on the application and use the option “run as administrator.” Then navigate to the License Setup tab and enter the matching server information.
13. You can verify that the settings worked correctly by checking the Status Tab.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, or if you have any further questions that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at: firstname.lastname@example.org