The newly released option for CAMWorks licensing allows a machine to be activated without the need of a license file that is tailor made for the machine.
Note: This is the default license method for new customers. Existing customers can convert to this license type by requesting it when they renew their software maintenance or by reaching out to their account manager and setting up a conversion.
1. Upon the completion of the order and processing by the manufacturer you will receive a Activation ID number. This ID number controls what modules are enabled and when they expire.
2. Start by Launching the CWLicense manager. Right mouse click on the application and use the option “run as administrator.”
3. Navigate to the License Setup tab and select NodeLocked(standalone) for the License Method. In the Online Activation tab select the Activate Online.
Automatically over the internet
4. Enter in your product ID(s) and use the Add button for each ID to add them to the list.
5. Select the Find My Product(s) button to gather your product information.
6. Once the products have been found make sure to check the checkbox agreeing to the terms and conditions. Then select the Activate My Product(s) button to continue.
7. A new menu will appear and request a name and email address. Both are necessary to continue.
8. If the process is successful a new window will appear and list your products as active as well as show product expiration and support expiration dates.
9. Selecting the Close button will bring you back to the License Setup tab. Your main Activation ID should be listed in the Activation ID field.
10. Your License is now active and is ready to use. To verify what modules you have available you can navigate to the Authorized Modules.
Manually Via Email
4. If Manually via email activation is selected you will see a different menu. Enter in your product ID(s) and use the Add button for each ID to add them to the list.
5. Check the check box agreeing to the terms and conditions and select the Activate My Product(s).
6. A new window will appear. You will need to enter a name and valid email address before continuing. Once the information is entered select the Save button. The software will create a request file that you will need to email to the address listed in the menu.
7. You will receive a response email with an attachment within 3 (business) days. Navigate back to this menu at that time and use the Open button to select the file attached in the response email. Then Select Activate my Product(s).
8. Your License is now active and is ready to use. To verify what modules you have available you can navigate to the Authorized Modules.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, or if you have any further questions that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at: email@example.com