In SolidWorks you can easily extrude a sketch along any linear path such as a linear edge or sketch segment; it does NOT have to be normal to the sketch plane. To utilize this option:
- Either create a new sketch defining the vector direction; locate an existing linear edge on your model.
- Create a new sketch that you wish to Extrude
- Start the Extrude or Cut-Extrude feature
- Right beneath of the Extrude End condition is the Extrude Direction selection window, pick this box to highlight it
- Next pick on the linear item you have already established
- Finish the feature
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and firstname.lastname@example.org.