If you are having problems in CAMWorks with customization not working correctly or other unexplained issues, your user setting may have become corrupt. Here are the instructions on resetting the registry of the current user for CAMWorks. This will start CAMWorks with all default settings to rule out settings or registry corruption issues.
One thing you need to understand first is that we are going into registry editor, so you should be extremely careful not to modify anything except what is listed below. If you do not feel comfortable performing the steps listed below, please contact us for assistance.
DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING IN YOUR REGISTRY UNLESS EXPLICITLY INSTRUCTED TO.
Prior to proceeding, it is recommended you use the CAMWorks Copy Settings under Windows Start > Programs > CAMWorks > CAMWorks Copy Settings to save a copy of your current CAMWorks settings. In the following steps we will also make a hard copy straight from the registry as well.
Here are the steps:
1) Close all applications including CAMWORKS and SolidWorks
2) Click the Windows Start menu and search for regedit, then press Enter
3) Browse to the folder named HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > TekSoft
4) Right click on the folder and click Export
5) Name it user.reg and store it anywhere you want. We have now made a backup of our current registry.
6) Right Click on the TekSoft folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > TekSoft folder and choose Rename, append -old to change the entry to TekSoft-old.
7) Launch CAMWorks and try to reproduce the error. (DO NOT re-import any settings prior to testing the issue)
8) If the issue was not resolved and you want your old settings back, you can double click the user.reg file to reset your original customization.
If you have any questions regarding the information above or are unable to troubleshoot this issue, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at 1-877-266-4469 (US), 1-866-587-6803 (CAN), or firstname.lastname@example.org.