There are 2 different levels of PDM(Standard and Professional) that can be purchased and during the PDM client installation, the correct product must be selected in order for the vault view to connect. If the wrong product is selected, it is easy to modify.
Within each product there are 3 different licenses that determine what level of access and functionality the client receives. Those can also be modified per client once the right product has been installed.
Changing from PDM Standard to Professional
To change the installed PDM Client from Standard to Professional (or Professional to Standard), requires a modification of the installation. Please use the following steps to modify the installation:
- Open Windows Control Panel
- Access Programs and Features (Uninstall a Program)
- Locate your installation of SOLIDWORKS (or PDM if installed separate from SOLIDWORKS)
- Right click and select change
- In the install wizard choose to modify the installation
- Click continue until you get to the Summary page
- There will be an option for your PDM Client selection, click change
- Change the radial selection to the correct PDM Product and Client Type, then go back to summary
- Click Modify now to complete the modification
- When the modification is completed you may be prompted to restart your system, if prompted please restart your computer
Changing PDM Client type to CAD Editor, Contributor or Viewer
If you find that you have PDM Standard or PDM Professional correct, but an incorrect client type of CAD Editor, Contributor or Viewer you can change this in two ways depending on your Windows Permissions. If you have Administrative Permissions, you can use the following process. If you do not have Administrative permissions, use the modification method listed above.
- Open the PDM Administration ToolSelect Help > About SOLIDWORKS PDM
- In the pop up, use the drop down to select the correct type (CAD Editor, Contributor or Viewer) and click ok
- You will get a prompt advising that the change will take effect after a restart
- Restart the computer
- Open the Administration tool after the reboot to check Help > About SOLIDWORKS PDM and confirm the client is the correct client. If not, you do not have sufficient permissions for this method and will need to modify the install to change the client type.
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and email@example.com.