This article describes how to add the PDM add-in on the PDM Server when it is missing from a SOLIDWORKS installation.
Note: You need to be using the CAD Editor license type to have access to the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In. If you are using the Contributor or the Viewer license, you will not be able to install the SOLIDWORKS Add-In.
Here are the step-by-step SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In install instructions:
- Go to Control Panel
- Go to Programs
- Go to Programs and Features
- Click on SOLIDWORKS PDM Server and hit 'change'.
- The SOLIDWORKS PDM InstallShield Wizard should pop up. Hit the Next button.
- Check the 'Modify' button and hit Next until you get to the "Choose Product Type" page.
- Select the "SolidWorks PDM CAD Editor" license type and hit Next.
- On the "Select Add-Ins" page, check the SolidWorks add-in box and hit Next
- Click "Install" to begin the installation of the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-In.
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469 (US) or 866-587-6803 (Canada) and email@example.com