How to change your Enterprise Admin password, even if you've forgotten your current password.
Prior to Enterprise 2014 SP3, you didn't need the current password to change the Admin password. For these versions, you can set the password via the archive server configuration tool (Start > Programs > SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM > Archive Server Configuration).
To reset the default Admin Password:
- Select Tools > Default Settings
- On the Login tab, click the Password button in the ‘Admin user’ section
- Enter and confirm the new password
To reset a vault specific Admin password:
- Expand ‘This Computer’ and select the Archives folder
- Right click on the vault name and select Properties
- On the Login tab, ensure the “Use default Admin user” is unchecked and click the Password button
- Enter and confirm the new Admin password
Starting with Enterprise 2014 SP3, you will also have to enter the current Admin password in order to make this change.
If you’ve lost the current Admin password, you can use the following steps to remove the existing password. One thing you need to understand first is that you will be going into registry editor. You should be extremely careful not to modify anything except what is listed below.
- Log into the archive server as a local administrator user
- From the Start Menu, launch the registry editor by typing ‘Regedit’ in the search window, then hit enter
- Delete "Admin" under the following registry keys:
- For a default Admin password:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer\ConisioUsers
- For a vault specific Admin password:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ArchiveServer\Vaults\[vault]\ConisioUsers
Open the Archive server Configuration tool and set the new Admin password using the above instructions. The existing password will be blank at this point.