Do you have an idea or suggestion you would like to give directly to the SOLIDWORKS development team? Maybe you have a new feature you would like added in?
There is a process available to all SOLIDWORKS subscription holders available through the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal to submit new ideas and features. They have a team dedicated to reviewing and validating these community submitted ideas and this process is how most of the new feature ideas are generated for their development team.
If you would like to see a future release of the software modified to accommodate your request, please submit an enhancement request using the steps below:
- Browse to: https://customerportal.solidworks.com/
- Click on the Enhancement Request link under the Self Service / My Support section.
- Perform a search to see if your enhancement request is already documented.
- If your enhancement is already listed, click on the link, fill out the information and click on "save details and vote for this enhancement."
- If your enhancement isn't already listed select "Click Here" to create a new enhancement request.
- Fill out the enhancement request form and click submit.
When multiple customers request the same idea, the greater the chance it will be added in future releases to the software. You will be contacted by the SOLIDWORKS definition team directly when the status of your request changes.