This article describes how you can configure SOLIDWORKS PDM to log you in automatically using a particular name or the name of the current Windows profile. This makes it a seamless experience to use the vault. If you do not configure automatic login, the standard login dialog box appears when you access the selected vault.
For PDM Administrators who have enabled Windows login and want automatic login roll out to 'all users', go to enable Automatic login on Windows Login.
You can enable automatic login on your workstation by following these steps:
1. Open SOLIDWORKS PDM Administration Tool on client's computer.
2. Go to Local Settings then Settings as illustrated below.
3. In the Vault drop down menu, select the required vault as illustrated below.
4. Check the box 'Use automatic login for this vault'.
5. If Windows login is not configured(this can be configured on the Archive server for PDM Professional only), select 'Login as the following user', and enter your PDM login credentials for 'Username' and 'Password' that will be used when PDM automatically logs you in as illustrated below.
6. If Windows login is configured, select 'Login as the currently logged in user in Windows', as illustrated below.
7. Click ‘OK’ to save these settings. You are now ready for automatic login.
This feature is not available in PDM Standard.
1. Open the Archive Server Configuration Tool on the Archive Server.
2. Go to Tools on the menu then Default Settings as illustrated below.
3. On the Login tab check 'Window login' and select 'Automatic login', as illustrated below.
4. Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to save these settings.
Once you are done with this, the setting will roll out to all the client installs of PDM such that all users will have to do is browse to the “blueberry” (vault view) and they will automatically be logged in without a user name and password prompt.
If you are not able to perform these steps or you have any questions, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems at email@example.com.