The Problem Capture tool within the Rx program helps technical support investigate an issue that is difficult to explain or that we are unable to reproduce. It can record the screen, zip up the SOLIDWORKS files involved with the issue, and create a log of your system (operating system, registry settings, hardware, and drivers). Other logs of events and performance during reproduction of the issue, and the SOLIDWORKS journal are included as well.
Capturing the Problem
Follow these steps to demonstrate and capture a SOLIDWORKS problem:
- Close SOLIDWORKS.
- Click Start > SOLIDWORKS Tools > SOLIDWORKS Rx, or just search for RX and open the application.
- Click on the Problem Capture tab and select which application or monitor you would like to capture. Use the monitor capture option for other applications like PDM or Electrical. Then click Record Video.
- If recording SOLIDWORKS, it will automatically launch and give you the option to begin or finish the recording. Click Record to begin recording..
- Demonstrate the issue and then click Finish to complete. If the issue is difficult to reproduce or is intermittent, begin recording and it will automatically capture the last 10 minutes leading up to the issue upon clicking Finish.
- The Rx application will re-open. Click Add Files to include any additional sample files and then click Package Files to save the zip file to the Desktop.
- At this point if you want to add more detail or notes, use the Describe section. This is step is optional and the ZIP file is ready to be sent to our technical support team. If the file is less than 5MB, replying to our email ticket will work. Otherwise, upload here.