All packages of SOLIDWORKS come with the ability to use the SOLIDWORKS Xpress products. These products are a lighter version of the full add-in, but often times will be useful in the design process. There are five products in total:
As of 2015, to use these features, you will first need to receive a product code, then activate the product on your machine. These codes are linked to your serial number, so if you are planning to run the Xpress products on multiple machines, you would need to activate on each machine. Here is how you get started:
1) Log into your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account. If you need to create one, follow these steps.
2) With SOLIDWORKS open, you can either go to Tools > Xpress Products, or the Evaluate tab of an open Part to access the different Xpress Products.
3) A Window will appear "Enable <product>." Click on the link provided (my.solidworks.com/xpress)
4) It may prompt you to log into your customer portal account again. If so, log in to the account you created in step 1. If you do not get this error, it should take you to the screen in step 5.
5) The code will be provided in the green box. Copy the code and paste it into the box from step 3 and hit OK. You should now have full access to the Xpress product that you selected.
Note: There is a slight chance the link in step 3 will instead take you to the page below. You can also end up here if you hit the View other products on the code screen of another product. If you find yourself here, enter your 24 digit SOLIDWORKS serial number which can be found in SOLIDWORKS. Go to Help > About SOLIDWORKS > click "Show Serial Number" to see your serial. Then select the version of SOLIDWORKS you are using and the product you want the code for. The Get My Code button should take you to the code page in step 5.
If you have any further questions regarding this topic, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support at 877.266.4469 (US) or 866.587.6803 (Canada) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 12/29/17 by Michael Miura