The best way to Backup or Move the content of the SOLIDWORKS Electrical environment is to use an Environment Archive. The Environment Archive can contain all the Library items and all of the Active Projects. Depending on the Size of your Environment and whether you are using SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D will greatly affect the size of your Environment.
- To Archive the Environment, the Command is run from a Client Computer. Here are the steps to archiving the Environment.
- Launch SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic on a client computer.
- From the File tab of the Command Ribbon (Command Manager) Select Archive Environment.
- The Archive Environment Wizard will Launch:
- Click the Next Button to Proceed to the Selection Tab of the Archive Environment Wizard.
- If you are archiving the Environment for a Server Move I would select all objects. Otherwise, you can select an appropriate option.
- After making your Selection Click on the Next Button. You will see a Summary of all the items to be archived.
- Click Finish to begin the archive process (This may take some time to see any activity, the system is gathering data)
- Next, you will be prompted for the location and File name to save the Archive as. (by default the archive is named Enviroment_Date.tewzip save this file to a location that you can access later.
- After clicking save the application will now archive the environment (depending on the size of your environment, total number of projects, manufactures Parts library and the other various libraries. The Environment archiving process may take a long period of time to complete.)
- You will see several windows pop up with progress bars
- After the Archive Environment is Complete you will see a completed window with a report of what was archived.
- You have just archived your environment.
Article is closed for comments.