This guide is written for users of both SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard and Professional.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support.
The following instructions explain the process of exporting databases through the SQL Server Management Studio. Here, you have the option to create a backup of the databases associated with the vault. The databases hold the metadata associated with the files in your vault. Additionally, they contain the settings configured through the Administration tool. In many cases, Hawk Ridge Systems or DS SOLIDWORKS will request a database backup when an issue is believed to be vault-specific; in other words, if we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end using a test-vault.
Note: We will need a backup of the ConisioMasterDb database in addition to any vault-specific database(s).
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Expand the Databases folder.
3. Right-click the database to be backed up, and select Tasks > Back Up.
4. In the Back Up Databases dialog box, under Source:
a. For Backup type, select Full.
b. For Backup component, select Database.
5. Under Destination, click Add.
6. In the Select Backup Destination dialog box, enter a destination path and filename for the backed up database and click OK.
7. Click OK to start the backup.
8. When the backup completes, click OK.
9. Repeat the backup procedure for any additional file vault databases.
10. Exit SQL Server Management Studio.
11. If the file is less than 20mb, you will be able to attach it to an email when you contact support or reply to a support email. If the file is over 20mb, it can be uploaded to SendSafely widget found here: https://hawkridgesys.com/send-safely
Note: Please fill the form out manually. Do NOT use auto-fill.