Enterprise Database Upgrade Utility
This guide is written for Enterprise 2014 and older versions.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SolidWorks, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support.
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
Hawk Ridge Systems highly recommends taking a moment before upgrading your database to check that you are ready:
- Backup all databases before performing the upgrade.
- The upgrade should only be run after the Enterprise server components have been upgraded.
- Make sure you have the current SQL System Administrator (SA) password.
- The database upgrade tool can be run from any client system that is on the same version as the server components.
- Make sure that no users are working in the vault.
- Insert the Solidworks Enterprise PDM DVD or launch the installation from a network drive.
- On the Enterprise PDM installation screen, select How to upgrade from a previous Solidworks Enterprise PDM version.
- After step 4 of the upgrade procedure, click Upgrade Database to launch the upgrade wizard.
- **Note: You can also manually launch the upgrade wizard from the Upgrade folder in the install CD by running Upgrade.exe