This document has detailed instructions on how to download, license, and install SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost.
Before loading any software, you should always login with full administrative permissions and disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
It is highly recommended to take a moment before installing Visualize Boost to check that you are ready to load your new software. Follow these steps before installing SOLIDWORKS Visualize:
- Ensure eligibility for Visualize Boost. A license of Visualize Boost is bundled with Visualize Professional packages. Visualize Boost can also be purchased as a separate product, although Visualize Professional is also required to take advantage of Visualize Boost.
- Login to your computer with full administrative rights.
- Turn down the User Account Control setting (found in the Control Panel). To do this, navigate to your Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings. The window that follows will have a slider that controls how restrictive the User Account Control currently is. Make sure the setting is set to “Never Notify” before installing Visualize. Any changes made to the User Account Control requires a machine restart for the changes to take effect. If desired, this setting can be changed after installing Visualize.
- Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
A license of Visualize Boost is included with each Visualize Professional 2023 license. An additional serial number is required to activate the complimentary seat of Visualize Boost 2023. This new additional serial number can be found by contacting our support team at email@example.com, or 877-266-4469 (US) or 866-587-6803 (Canada). A Visualize Professional serial number cannot be entered when attempting to install a complimentary seat of Visualize Boost.
With the 2023 release, Visualize Boost is now installed via the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager. If you have a SOLIDWORKS 2023 DVD kit, proceed to the next section for instructions on how to install. If you are looking to download or update Visualize 2023, please see our 2023 Downloads and Updates document for more details on how to obtain an Installation Manager for SOLIDWORKS.
- Insert your SOLIDWORKS DVD or launch a 2023 SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager that can be obtained via the SOLIDWORKS downloads page.
- The first page of the Installation Manager will welcome you to SOLIDWORKS and ask which type of installation you would like to perform. For a standalone install, pick the option Individual (on this computer). Press the Next button to continue.
- The next page will ask for the serial numbers of your products. Input your Visualize Boost serial number into the SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost field, found in the Visualization Input any other product serial numbers into their appropriate fields.
- Click the Next button to continue. The Installation Manager will check to see that it is up to date. Additionally, it will confirm what products you are entitled to install.
- You may be informed that there is a newer available for download. We recommend you choose to continue installing with your original service pack and upgrade later. If you receive this prompt, choose your desired option and press the Next button to continue.
- During the Summary section, click on the CHANGE link found to the right of the Products drop down menu.
- Ensure that Visualize Boost is checked for install. Once you have done this, click Back to Summary to return to the summary section.
- If you wish to edit your Download Options or Install Location, you can press the CHANGE button on any of these items to customize them. Pressing the Plus symbol (+) will show what the current settings are.
- You will be shown the estimated install size for your products at the bottom of the Summary An estimated download size for additional install files may also be shown.
- Click the Install Now button to continue. If there are any files that need downloading, this button will appear as Download and Install.
- Any required download will start automatically.
- If any install files were downloaded, the Visualize Boost install will start automatically. Any other products that were selected during the previous Summary section will also install automatically.
- Once the install has been completed, press the Finish button to exit the Installation Manager.
In order to activate Visualize Boost, you will want to first launch the tool via one of the following methods:
- Start Visualize Boost via your Start Menu > SOLIDWORKS 2023 > SOLIDWORKS Visualize Boost.
- From the desktop, double click on your Visualize Boost shortcut.
- Launch Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer, and navigate to: http://localhost:9031/config.html
After launching Visualize Boost, input your e-mail address into the field shown and click Enable License.
Visualize Boost should now be activated.
To deactivate a Visualize Boost install, walk through these steps:
- Launch Visualize Boost through one of the methods listed at the beginning of this section.
- Navigate to the Help
- Select Transfer License.