This document has detailed instructions on how to download, license, and install SOLIDWORKS Visualize.
Before loading any software, you should always login with full administrative permissions and disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS Visualize, please contact a support technician through our website or call us at 1.877.266.4469 (USA) or 1.866.587.6803 (Canada).
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
Hawk Ridge Systems highly recommends taking a moment before installing SOLIDWORKS Visualize and checking that you are ready to load your new software.
- Ensure eligibility for SOLIDWORKS Visualize. SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard is bundled with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium packages. The SOLIDWORKS license must also be on active subscription. Visualize Standard and Professional can also be purchased as separate products.
- Ensure that minimum system requirements and video card compatibility are met.
- As always, verify that coworkers, customers, or vendors are all on the same version of SOLIDWORKS and SOLIDWORKS Visualize. SOLIDWORKS products are not backwards compatible, meaning older versions cannot open files from newer versions.
- Login to your computer with full administrative rights.
- Turn down the User Account Control settings from the Control Panel. To do this, navigate to your Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings. In the window that follows, set the slider to “Never Notify” before installing Visualize. If the User Account Control was changed, restart the computer for the changes to take effect. This setting can be changed back after installing Visualize.
- Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard is included with each SOLIDWORKS CAD Professional and Premium licenses on active Subscription. An additional serial number is required to activate the complimentary seat of Visualize Standard. This serial number can be found by contacting our support team at email@example.com, or 877-266-4469 (US) or 866-587-6803 (Canada).
SOLIDWORKS Visualize is installed via the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager, which can be obtained through the SOLIDWORKS downloads page.
- Download the Installation Manager from the SOLIDWORKS downloads page and launch it from the saved location and extract the files. If you have a DVD that was requested through SOLIDWORKS, insert it and run ‘setup.exe’ to launch the 2023 SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager.
- The first page of the Installation Manager will welcome you to SOLIDWORKS and ask which type of installation you would like to perform. For a standalone install, pick the option Install on this computer. Press the Next button to continue.
- The next page will ask for your serial numbers. Input your Visualize serial number into the SOLIDWORKS Visualize field, found in the Visualization section. Input any other product serial numbers into their appropriate fields.
- Click the Next button to continue. The Installation Manager will check for updates. Additionally, it will confirm what products you are entitled to install.
You may be informed that there is a newer available version for download. We recommend you choose to continue installing with your original service pack and upgrade later. If you receive this prompt, choose your desired option and press the Next button to continue.
- During the Summary section, click on the CHANGE link found to the right of the Products drop down menu.
- Ensure that Visualize is checked for install. Once you have done this, click Back to Summary to return to the summary section.
- If you wish to edit your Download Options or Install Location, you can press the CHANGE button on any of these items to customize them. Pressing the Greater Than symbol (>) will show what the current settings are.
- You will be shown the estimated install size for your products at the bottom of the Summary section. An estimated download size for additional install files may also be shown.
- Click the Install Now button to continue. If there are any files that need downloading, this button will appear as Download and Install.
- Any required download will start automatically.
- If all the required install files were already present on the system, the Visualize install will start automatically. Any other products that were selected during the previous Summary section will also install automatically.
- Once the install has been completed, press the Finish button to exit the Installation Manager.
- Now that Visualize is loaded, launch the software and follow the activation prompts to activate your license. Please see our 2023 Product Activation document if you would like instructions on how to do this.
For further assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 877-266-4469 (US) or 866-587-6803 (Canada).
Please sign in to leave a comment.