CAMWorks activations are handled through a license file, where you create a license request file through the CAMWorks License Manager and email it to CAMWorks. Then they send back a license file to activate the CAMWorks License Manager.
With floating or network-based licenses the activation is performed on a centralized computer, called the server, which is accessible by the other computers with CAMWorks installed, called the client.
This guide goes over the workflow to request a new or updated CAMWorks license file on the server for users with floating licenses. Note that if the license will be hosted on a physical server, you must physically be logged into the server as administrator when making the request. For virtual servers, this is not a requirement but you need to ensure that your VM is set to use a static IP.
Installing the CW License Manager on the Server
1. Browse to www.CAMWorks.com/login and create a login if you don't already have one. User the Register link to start the process of creating a login.
NOTE: You will need to know your CPD number to register a new login.
2. Once your registration is confirmed, log into CAMWorks and hover over Support at the top of the page and click Customer Area.
3. Continue to browse to Miscellaneous Downloads and click on the latest version of CW License Manager listed to reveal the download button. Click to initialize the download.
4. Once the download is complete, proceed to install the CW License Manager.
Requesting New/Updated Floating License File on Server
5. From Windows Start, look for CW License Manager (CWLM) nested within the CAMWorks License Manager folder (Alternatively, you can access the CW License Manager from the default installation directory under C:\CWLicenseManager\CWLicenseManager.exe).
NOTE: Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you have full rights to configure and update the CWLM (right click CW License Manager > Run as Administrator). If you don't, you will see the following message at the bottom of the Status tab and you will be prevented from making any changes.
6. Upon the initial launch of the server CWLM, you will be prompted with some selections. For new installations, to get to the Request License form, make the following selections:
Wizard... > Network server > I have not registered or requested a license > Next
For existing installations only needing an updated file, click the License Setup tab and then the License Request button.
7. Complete the Request License form. Any field ending with an asterisk is required information. If you do not know your 6-digit CPD serial number, check the box I do not have/know the serial number. Additionally, confirm that you have read the HCL Technologies private policy by checking the box below the window.
8. Use one of the options at the bottom of the window to e-mail the request:
- If this computer has Outlook email capabilities, click the Create E-mail using Outlook button and send the email with the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If Outlook is not setup on the computer, click the Open in windows Explorer button and note the location of the file containing your information.
Then, generate an email, attach the file in the email, and send to email@example.com
9. Click Close to exit the Request License window and OK on the CAMWorks License Manager. NOTE: CAMWorks will not run until you receive the license file and activate the license.
Activating the License
10. When you receive the license file from Geometric (firstname.lastname@example.org), copy
the file to a folder on your server PC. The .lic license file must be on the same PC as
CAMWorks. We recommend you put the license file in the same folder as the
11. Run the CW License Manager as Administrator again and click License Manager... at the prompt and then into the Server Settings tab.
12. Click the Use this Machine as License Server button to show options referring to the license file path and installing and starting the License Service.
13. Click the Browse [...] button to locate your .lic network license file. Then, click Install License Service and Start License Service.
14. Click back to the Status tab and verify that the information has been updated as follows:
- Authorization = Succeeded
- License Type = FlexLM Software
15. Click OK to exit the CW License Manager.
Point to the Server from Client Computer
After the CWLM on the server has been updated, you will also need to ensure the client computer running CAMWorks is pointing to the server correctly.
16. Launch CW License Manager on client computer and click into the License Setup tab.
17. Set the License method to FlexLM Software and select the option to Set Server Host name and Port number for floating license. Enter the name of the server and use port number 27000 (default).
18. Confirm that the client CWLM also reads Successful in the Status tab.