This article addresses an issue in which a 'Class not registered' error is received upon attempting to open/import DWG/DXF file in SOLIDWORKS PCB.
Steps to resolve the error
SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base solution S-073614 addresses this error.
In order to import DWG/DXF files in SOLIDWORKS PCB, you must download and run the attached ‘TeighaX_Setup_3.9.0.msi’ file.
Follow these steps:
(These steps have been verified for SOLIDWORKS PCB 2017 and SOLIDWORKS PCB 2018)
- Download the attached TeighaX_Setup_3.9.0.msi file to a local folder.
- Right-click the file > ‘Install’
- When the setup is complete, open the SOLIDWORKS PCB application.
- Open a PCB Document.
- Go to ‘File’ >’Import’.
- Select 'AutoCAD PCB Files (*.DXF,*.DWG)' > select the document > ‘Open’.
- Adjust the preferences in the import dialog box > ‘OK’.
Should you still encounter issues opening/importing DWG/DXF files in SOLIDWORKS PCB, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support.