This article describes how to make firewall exceptions using Windows Firewall for Abaqus. These instructions are for the Server Machine that has the FlexNet Server program installed.
- Click the start menu and start typing in 'firewall' and open up windows defender firewall.
- Click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall'
- Click Allow another app:
- Click Browse:
- Navigate to the following folder:
select ABAQUSLM.exe and click Open
- Click Add
- Repeat steps 3-6 for lmgrd.exe located in the same folder, C:\SIMULIA\License\201X\win_b64\code\bin
- Choose which situation you want this exception for (Domain, Private, Public). This decision will be based on how you access abaqus on your license server. Certainly allow domain, you may or may not want to allow private and public networks access.