This article outlines how to perform a registry reset of SOLIDWORKS PCB, which is similar to the method used for SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD.
SOLIDWORKS® PCB stores values for most functions in Windows® registry keys.
Sometimes, it can become necessary to reset the SOLIDWORKS PCB configuration to the default settings, which restores the program to the original settings. Reapplying the preferences can resolve unusual performance or issues that result following a Windows update, such as missing icons.
The following solution involves modifications to the Windows system registry. Incorrectly editing the registry can severely damage your operating system. The Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support team strongly suggests that you create a complete system backup and a Windows System Restore Point before performing this procedure.
To reset all SOLIDWORKS PCB preferences to their defaults, please see the following steps:
1. Ensure that SOLIDWORKS PCB is not running.
2. Run the Registry Editor as an administrator.
3. Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SOLIDWORKS PCB 20XX
*The key is unique for each version of SOLIDWORKS PCB.
4. Rename the ’SOLIDWORKS PCB 20XX’ key. For example, name the key ‘SOLIDWORKS PCB 20XX_Backup” .
5. Open the SOLIDWORKS PCB application.
6. SOLIDWORKS PCB creates a fresh registry key and restores the default settings.
Renaming the original key as a backup makes it possible to revert to the previous configuration.