After unzipping and combining the CATIA installation file sets, and finally running the setup.exe file, you may receive the following window with error.
This "setup:" error with the big red X occurs, due to a conflict between the CATIA installation and the 2017 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, x86 and x64 versions.
In order to resolve the issue, uninstall the 2017 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables:
- Select the Windows Start Button
- Type Control Panel and click on Control Panel
- Select the Control Panel
- Go to Programs and Program and Features
- Within the list right click on Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) and select uninstall
- Then click on Uninstall
- Once it uninstalls, select Close
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables (x86)
Once the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables are uninstalled go ahead and select CATIA installer, setup.exe to successfully start the installation process.