When customers are delivered the files via media order, they come as a series of zip files. Some of those zip files contain multiple volumes of the install information - for example, CATIA is downloaded in two zip files, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2. These need to be unzipped to a common location, rather than unzipped individually.
If this is not done, the error below will result:
“setup:Problem with VC11 Runtime installation. Try to launch “DSYAdminVC11PreReg.exe -install -v “ from an elevated command window. If it fails, contact your customer service”
Once CATIA is installed there are a couple of steps that need to be followed. These both apply if a SRV license has been issued using Dassault Systems License Server (DSLS).
- The DSLS application needs to be launched, and the license file will need to be read into it.
- A license pointer file needs to be created.
- Browse to C:/ProgramData/DassaultSystemes/Licenses (This is a hidden folder, so you may need to browse there directly). You may need to create the Licenses subfolder
- Create a text file called DSLicSrv.txt. Be careful if file extensions are hidden, you don’t want to create a .txt.txt file
- Edit the text file and enter computername:port as the only text in the file. Default port is 4085.
- Launch Catia and you’ll see an error on launch, and may have to browse to the appropriate license server in the window that comes up.
this error is shown on the screen before start the installation catia.
these are not helpfull for me ....
Please sign in to leave a comment.