When customers are delivered the files via media order, they come as a series of zip files. Some of those zip files contain multiple volumes of the install information - for example, CATIA is downloaded in two zip files, 1 of 2, and 2 of 2. These need to be unzipped to a common location, rather than unzipped individually.
If this is not done, the error below will result:
“setup:Problem with VC11 Runtime installation. Try to launch “DSYAdminVC11PreReg.exe -install -v “ from an elevated command window. If it fails, contact your customer service”
Once CATIA is installed there are a couple of steps that need to be followed. These both apply if a SRV license has been issued using Dassault Systems License Server (DSLS).
- The DSLS application needs to be launched, and the license file will need to be read into it.
- A license pointer file needs to be created.
- Browse to C:/ProgramData/DassaultSystemes/Licenses (This is a hidden folder, so you may need to browse there directly). You may need to create the Licenses subfolder
- Create a text file called DSLicSrv.txt. Be careful if file extensions are hidden, you don’t want to create a .txt.txt file
- Edit the text file and enter computername:port as the only text in the file. Default port is 4085.
- Launch Catia and you’ll see an error on launch, and may have to browse to the appropriate license server in the window that comes up.