There is a known issue in SOLIDWORKS, where Dropbox causes SOLIDWORKS to become unresponsive. This issue is reported in the Software Performance Report (SPR) #1000741.
SOLIDWORKS becomes unresponsive while inserting a design table, excel based BOM, or component using Configuration Publisher. This issue may also occur when editing a Design table (by selecting either 'Edit Table' or 'Edit in New Window').
To workaround this issue, please perform one of the methods listed below:
a. End all Dropbox processes from the Task Manager
- Hit the START menu and search for Task Manager, then hit Enter
- Under the Processes tab, select the Dropbox process and click End task.
b. Change the Dropbox Preferences to 'Never Show' for Dropbox Badge, under General.
- Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray or menu bar of your computer
- Click the gear icon and select Preferences
- Select General and change the Dropbox Badge to 'Never Show'
- Click OK
If you have any questions regarding the information above or are unable to troubleshoot this issue, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at 1-877-266-4469 (US), 1-866-587-6803 (CAN), or firstname.lastname@example.org.