The Copy Settings Wizard is used to transfer SolidWorks settings, but the Simulation settings aren't included in this tool. Instead, the Simulation settings can be manually copied over by copying over the Simulation registry keys.
NOTE: Since these steps require working with the registry editor, please be extremely careful not to modify anything except what is listed below.
To create a copy of the Simulation settings, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Windows Start menu and type in "regedit" to bring up the registry editor
2. Browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\srac\cosmos/works"
3. Right click on the "cosmos/works" key and select "Export" to save the registry key
To apply these settings to a different computer:
1. Copy the registry key that was saved in the previous steps to the new computer
2. Double click on the registry key and click "Yes" to apply the settings
NOTE: This will overwrite any existing Simulation settings on this computer.
If you have any further questions about copying the Simulation settings, please feel feel free to call Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at 877.266.4469 (US) or 866.587.6803 (Canada) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.