This article addresses a problem that exists with network type licenses for users that try to check out a SOLIDWORKS 2017 license with a network connection that has a response time of greater than 100ms.
- SOLIDWORKS 2017 Network
Software Performance Report and Solution
- SPR 993129: If latency is higher than 100ms to SNL server, SW 2017 fails to check out license with '“Could not obtain a license for SOLIDWORKS. Server node is down or not responding.” *regression*
- Solution: This solution requires the user to edit the system registry. Deleting or modifying the registry in any way other than described below can result in permanent damage to your system. Create a system restore point or contact Technical Support if you are uncomfortable with this procedure.
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Browse to ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software’.
- Right-click on ‘Software,’ then click ‘New’ > ‘Key.’
- Name the key ‘FLEXlm License Manager’. If the key already exists, step into the key.
- Right-click on ‘FLEXlm License Manager’ > ‘New’ > ‘String Value’.
- Name the value ‘FLEXLM_TIMEOUT’.
- Double-click the ‘FLEXLM_TIMEOUT’ value and set the value data to ‘1000000’. For a visual reference, see the attached image 'SW2017_SNL_error_5.jpg.’
To view the full solution, search for Solution ID: S-072437 in the knowledge base within the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.