The CAMWorks hardware dongle license is an alternative form of the CAMWorks standalone license. The CAMWorks dongle license is a flash drive that protects against unauthorized users. This article discusses how to activate the CAMWorks standalone software using the CAMWorks dongle and a license file (.cod file).
Retrieve the .cod File
In order to activate the CAMWorks software using a dongle, a .cod file is needed. The .cod file is usually sent to the user by email from Hawk Ridge Systems. If the user did not receive a .cod file from Hawk Ridge Systems, then please email Hawk Ridge Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a .cod file for the dongle by providing the number on the dongle, as well as the CPD# of the CAMWorks license.
The following are pre-requisites to activating the .cod file using the CAMWorks dongle.
- CAMWorks License Manager: The CAMWorks License Manager is a program that manages the different CAMWorks modules available for your license. This program is automatically installed with CAMWorks.
- Hardware Dongle License Driver (Sentinel Driver): The Sentinel Driver is a program that detects and activates the dongle on the system. This program is automatically installed with CAMWorks.
- Administrator Privileges: The user must be logged with full Administrator privelages when making any changes to the CAMWorks License Manager.
Activate the .cod File Using a CAMWorks Dongle
Once the user retrieves the .cod file and all pre-requisites are met, follow the instructions below to activate the .cod file using the CAMWorks dongle.
- Place the dongle in the USB port of the computer.
- Save the .cod file onto the C: drive or any preferred location.
- Open the CAMWorks License Manager under Windows Start Button>All Programs>CAMWorks License Manager>CW License Manager.
- Select the License Setup tab in the CAMWorks License Manager.
- For the License Method set to Hardware Dongle.
- Click the Update Dongle.
- Browse and select the .cod file on the C: drive or preferred location.
- Select Open.
- The Update Protection Block window will appear and press the Update.
The “Security Protection Block updated successfully” message will appear when the .cod file is successfully activated with the dongle. In order to use CAMWorks, make sure the dongle remains attached to the USB port of the computer.