2017 Product Registration
Customer portal, serial registration
Create a customer portal account to register a SOLIDWORKS serial number and product.
This guide is written for version 2017. If you are using an earlier version of SOLIDWORKS, please download our earlier installation documents to correctly register your version of SOLIDWORKS.
Registration is a simple process that gives you access to features found in the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, such as downloads or the knowledge base.
Since registration is done via the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, this document also covers how to set up an account.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support.
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
©2016 Hawk Ridge Systems
- Creating an Account
- Product Registration
Creating an Account
You will need to create an account on the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal in order to begin registering products. If you already have an account set up, skip to the section titled Product Registration.
- Navigate to https://customerportal.solidworks.com and click on Create a SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Enter a valid company e-mail address, along with your 2017 SOLIDWORKS product serial number, and press the Next button.
- You will now need to review your company information. It is recommended that you click the Yes button to accept the information that is shown and contact email@example.com if any changes need to be made.
- Enter your first name, last name, and desired password during the Profile section.
- Accept the Export Agreement at the bottom of the page to finish your account and go to the Customer Portal.
By this point, you should have an account on the Customer Portal as per the instructions in the previous section.
If you already have a SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account, follow the steps in this section to register your 2017 products.
- Using a web browser, go to https://customerportal.solidworks.com.
- Fill in the e-mail address and password for your account and press the Log In button to continue.
- In the Self-Service section, click the Register My Products link.
- Enter the serial number of the product you wish to register (you can only register one product at a time) and press the Next button to continue.
- Press the button to the right of the Version field. This will open a window showing all the versions associated with the number that was loaded in step 4. Select the 2017 version by pressing the > symbol next to the product. Press OK to close the pop up window, and this will fill in the version box for you. Press the Next button to continue.
- Click the Next button to finish the registration.
- Your 2017 product serial number is now registered on the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.