If you are using PDM to manage your files, and you notice that notes or properties in your drawings sometimes disappear or are reset when you save or check them in, the most likely cause is that you have $PRPSHEET mapping set up for that property in the PDM system.
In the PDM system, $PRPSHEET mapping copies custom property information from the model, and places it in the drawing. It does this when the drawing is opened and saved in SOLIDWORKS. Any properties you had updated in the drawings custom properties, or data card, would then be overwritten by the values in the model.
You have a couple options when this happens. The first is to let the model properties continue controlling the drawing properties. This turns into more of a training issue. Anyone using SOLIDWORKS would need to know that they need to update any properties directly in the model to affect the drawing. And that the drawing would need to be opened and resaved for the drawing to be updated.
The second option is to remove the $PRPSHEET mapping from the PDM variable to stop the drawing properties from getting overwritten.
To do this, you will need to:
- Open the PDM Administration tool and expand the vault
- Log in with the Admin account, or another account with full administrative permissions in the vault
- Expand the Variables section
- Right click the variable associated with the file properties you want to stop from updating, and select Open
- Select $PRPSHEET in the Attributes list and click the 'Remove Attribute' button
- Click OK
Any property changes you make in the drawing should now be saved.
If you have any questions regarding the information above, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at 1-877-266-4469 (US), 1-866-587-6803 (CAN), or firstname.lastname@example.org.