This article describes how to create a custom rail or duct in SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
These steps are valid for both Ducts and Rails.
- Create a new part
- Define the profile sketch of the rail or duct as desired and create the extrude
- In the configuration tab rename the default configuration to EW_CONFIG
- Rename the extrude depth dimension to EW_DEPTH
- Rename the Extrude feature to EW_EXTRUDE
These steps are valid for both Ducts and Rails. Once the new part has been created they can be inserted into the SolidWorks Electrical assembly as follows:
- Right-click on a location in the Electrical Manager in SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D->Properties and then Parts->Add Manually
- You must provide at least a value for the Part field
- Under Illustration click in the 3D part field and browse to the newly created Rail or Duct part
- Choose a Manufacturer or create a new one
- Click in the Class field and choose the appropriate class, either Rail or Duct under Boxes, cabinets
- Set Width, Height and Depth values minimums are 35, 3 and 3 respectively and then click OK.
This will add the new part to the Electrical Manager:
- Right-click the new part->Insert (Do not choose Insert as Duct or Rail) and then place the new part
- The length of this part can now be modified using "Change length of Rail or Duct"