This article describes how to create a custom rail or duct in SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
These steps are valid for both Ducts and Rails.
- Create a new part
- Define the profile sketch of the rail or duct as desired and create the extrude
- In the configuration, tab rename the default configuration to EW_CONFIG
- Rename the extrude depth dimension to EW_DEPTH
- Rename the Extrude feature to EW_EXTRUDE
These steps are valid for both Ducts and Rails. Once the new part has been created, they can be inserted into the SolidWorks Electrical assembly as follows:
- Right-click on location in the Electrical Manager in SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D->Properties and then Parts->Add Manually.
- You must provide at least a value for the Part field.
- Under Illustration, click in the 3D part field and browse to the newly created Rail or Duct part.
- Choose a Manufacturer or create a new one.
- Click in the Class field and choose the appropriate class, either Rail or Duct under Boxes, cabinets.
- Set Width, Height, and Depth values minimums are 35, 3, and 3, respectively, and then click OK.
This will add the new part to the Electrical Manager:
- Right-click the new part->Insert (Do not choose Insert as Duct or Rail) and then place the new part
- The length of this part can now be modified using "Change length of Rail or Duct."
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.