This article will provide the solution to the following error message, “Activation transaction failed: Serial number not valid for this SOLIDWORKS version” when attempting to activate SOLIDWORKS Simulation on a network serial number. The error message is caused by a hung standalone license in the registry.
Please note, the process described below is to be done on the client machine.
To rectify the issue, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Click on Start.
2. In the Windows search bar type “REGEDIT” and press enter.
3. In the registry editor, find the following key:
4. If you are using a 64-bit machine, find the following key as well:
5. For both of the above keys, delete entries associated with COSMOSWorks in the right pane.
6. Close the registry editor.
7. Reopen SOLIDWORKS and attempt to reactivate simulation.
Thank You for choosing Hawk Ridge Systems.
For further assistance, please contact our HawkSupport team at 877-266-4469(US) or 866-587-6803(Canada) and email@example.com.