By Chris Ma
When you need to perform analysis on a design, you must decide whether to:
- Purchase analysis software and perform the analysis in-house
- Hire a consultant to analyze the design for you
Which should you choose? Well, it depends on several factors. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I have the budget to purchase a license of analysis software?
- Do I have the time to run the required analysis?
- Do I have the manpower to run the required analysis?
- Do I have the computational resources to run the required analysis?
- Do I have the expertise to run the required analysis?
- Will I be using the software more than once or twice a year?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, hiring a consultant may be a better fit for you. At Hawk Ridge Systems, we have an expert team dedicated to providing analysis consulting services to companies large and small. When customers leverage our analysis consulting service, we provide:
- Mechanical engineers that are experts in SOLIDWORKS and the SOLIDWORKS suite of analysis tools
- Guidance in developing the scope of the project, focusing on both short and long term project goals
- Upfront notification of any risks or pitfalls that we anticipate
- Review of any initial and final results via web conference, before there is final sign-off on the project
- Interpretation of the analysis results and any assumptions associated with them
- Analysis reporting tailored to fit your needs, including:
- PDF reports delivered via email
- CAD files with analysis setups included
- Fixed-cost or hourly projects
- Quick turnaround time; most projects are completed in 10-15 business days - priority service is available if quicker turnaround is needed
Recently, I presented webinar on our analysis consulting services. If you missed it or wanted to refresh yourself on the details, I've uploaded the presentation slides below, or you can download them here. If you’re ready to optimize your designs and make better products, don’t hesitate to contact us by phone (877.266.4469 in the US and 866.587.6803 in Canada) or by email.