This guide is written for users of Enterprise DraftSight. The goal of this guide is to ensure that the reader is able to successfully install the Enterprise DraftSight using a SolidNetwork license for the client installation.
Before installing DraftSight, please be sure to uninstall a previously installed version of DraftSight.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems technical support. This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
©2014 Hawk Ridge Systems
Where to Download DraftSight V1R5.2?
The DraftSight V1R5.2 installation files can be downloaded prior to installation.
- Download the appropriate version of DraftSight V1R5.2 to your desktop from the download page by clicking on the greenicon, below. Make sure to select the button for the correct operating system on the download page.
- Choose accept to consent to the License Agreement.
There are several things that will need to be taken care of before the installation of the DraftSight V1R5.2 can take place:
- Uninstall your previously installed version of DraftSight. You will not be able to download a purchased version of DraftSight, without uninstalling your previously installed DraftSight.
- Check hardware compatibility.
- You can find the latest version of compatible hardware for the Draftsight in the DraftSight FAQ’s PDF. You can find the latest version of the DraftSight FAQ’s PDF under Informational Resources in theDraftSight Resource Center page.
- For Windows (minimum):
- 2GB RAM
- High Color (16bit) graphics card
- Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2GHz or faster)
- For Windows (recommended):
- 3D Graphics accelerator card
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core Processor, or better
- For Mac:
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- 16 bit video card
- Intel Processor
- For Linux:
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended)
- True Color graphics card
- 1GHz x86 Processor
- Check Operating System Compatibility.
- You can find the latest version of compatible operating systems for the Draftsight in the DraftSight FAQ’s PDF. You can find the latest version of the DraftSight FAQ’s PDF under Informational Resources in the DraftSight Resource Center page.
- DraftSight running on Windows:
- Microsoft Windows XP (SP2) 32bit or 64bit (Professional, Home Edition),
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8 32bit or 64bit
- DraftSight running on Mac:
- Mac OS X 64bit v10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 64bit v10.7 (Lion)
- DraftSight running on Linux:
- Ubuntu 9.10 Gnome 32 bit
- Fedora 11 Gnome 32 bit
- KDE 32 bit
- Higher versions (others in progress) 32 bit
- Check hard drive for space and overhead.
- In the Windows Explorer, go to My Computer and check destination drive (by default the C drive). Right-click this drive and choose Properties to see it has the minimum free space for the full program.
- For Windows
- 300 MB (minimum free hard drive space depending on accessory applications installed)
- 1 GB (recommended free hard drive space depending on accessory applications installed)
- For MAC
- 500 MB
- For Linux
Once these items have been taken care of, the installation can begin.
Installation of DraftSight V1R5.2 Network License
- Make sure you are logged in as the administrator.
- Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
- Double click the downloaded DraftSight64 application on your saved location.
- The DraftSight Installation Wizard Window will appear. The Installation wizard will welcome you to DraftSight and ask which type of installation you would like to perform. For network install using the SolidNetwork License, pick the option SolidNetwork License (SNL). Press the Next button to continue.
- You will be asked to specify the SNL location. This is where your SolidNetwork License Administrator is loaded and running. The default port number for this is 25734. Type “25734@<server name>” and press Next to continue.
- After, you will be asked to accept the License Agreement. Choose I accept the terms in the license agreement and press Install.
- Now DraftSight will install.
- Press the Finish button to complete the installation
Now the software is loaded on the system and ready for use.