Activating CATIA V5 – SolidWorks Translator
The CATIA V5 to SolidWorks Translator can IMPORT both part and assembly (*.CATPart, .CATProduct) files directly from CATIA V5 (all versions up to R20).
Both solid and surface entity types are supported from either 32 bit or 64 bit versions of SolidWorks.
This translator is seamlessly integrated with SolidWorks, making it very easy to use to those familiar with the SolidWorks user interface.
Features and Benefits
- Enables accurate and convenient CAD data transfer between CATIA V5 and SolidWorks.
- Does NOT require a license of CATIA V5.
This document will guide you through activating your CATIA V5 SolidWorks Translator on either your standalone or network installation.
Note: The ability to export CATIA V4 and V5 files is not supported, but under consideration for future releases.
The following is how to modify your installation to include the CATIA V5 to SolidWorks Translator.
- In SolidWorks, go to Help > Activate Licenses.
- Click on Select All in the next screen, Automatically over the Internet and enter in your email address. Click Next.
- Once the activation is complete, check to make sure CATIA V5 SolidWorks Translator is one of the activated products.
- Within the SolidNetWork License Manager, click on Modify.
- Select the Activate/Reactivate a software license option.
- Leave this information as it was by default. Click Select All and enter your email address.
- Once the activation is complete, you should see CATIA V5 SolidWorks Translator as one of the activated products.
Using CATIA V5 SolidWorks Translator
Once your CATIA V5 SolidWorks Translator is activated, you should be see CATIA V5 in your file types drop down menu which you can access from File > Open.
(Once you open the CATIA file, SolidWorks will prompt you to run Import Diagnostics.)
- Note: The SolidWorks CATIA V5-SolidWorks Translator 2013/2014 supports CATIA versions up to V5 (R22).