Troubleshooting DraftSight Crashing Issues
This guide is written for troubleshooting DraftSight crashing issues. If a user experiences DraftSight crashing, there are a few troubleshooting steps that need to be taken, before the crash reports can be sent to Dassault Systemes.
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
Make sure all system requirements are met for DraftSight. The system requirements for DraftSight can be found from the Systems Requirement Link on the following website.
If all system requirements are met, perform a graphics test, by disabling the display adapter.
To disable the display adapter:
- Open the Device Manager by going to the Start menu and typing "Device Manager" into the Search programs and files box.
- Expand the Display adapters node.
- Right-click on the adapter (e.g. NVIDIA, Intel).
- Click on Disable.
- Try to reproduce the issue.
- Once all results are found, re-enable the display adapter by repeating steps 1-3, and select Enable.
- If the issue is reproducible, update the graphics driver by repeating steps 1-3. Then select “Update Driver Software”. Run through the prompts to update your driver. If the issue is not reproducible, the graphics card can be eliminated as a cause of the issue.
Clean Uninstallation and Reinstallation
Frequent crashing may be a problem with the installation. If the above measures did not resolve the issue, perform a clean uninstallation and reinstallation of the DraftSight Software.
1. Login as administrator (Not as a user having administrative privileges!)
2. Turn off all Antivirus, Adware and Spyware applications.
3. Uninstall DraftSight.
4. Navigate to the following DraftSight folders under:
5. Delete the DraftSight folder in each location.
6. Navigate to the following Dassault Systemes folder under:
C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes
7. Delete the Dassault Systemes folder.
8. Clean up registry by deleting registry key folders HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Dassault Systemes > DraftSight
(run registry editor from Start > Run > type "regedit" (without quotes) and select OK. This will launch registry editor).
*Do not modify any other registry key or folder since this can lead to malfunctioning of other applications.*
9. Restart the machine.
10. Repeat steps 1&2.
11. Reinstall DraftSight.
12. Retest you issue.
13. If the issue still persists, please have the system information file, crash reports, application and system logs sent to technical support for further investigation. Please refer to the <Collecting Reports for Tech Support PDF>.