Temporary License Files are used to troubleshoot license issues, span a time when a new permanent license request is in process or used to trial advanced functions that your current license may not have enabled.
Temporary License files are always a Standalone Nodelocked type that can only be used on a client machine that is running the CAMworks software. They are not compatible with the Server side for network licenses.
1. After receiving the license file, save it to any easily accessible location on the machine that will need to use it.
NOTE: The file must be on the C:\ drive of the machine that it will be used with. It can NOT be stored on a network drive.
2. Launch the CW License Manager as Administrator. (Right click and select— More then ’Run as Administrator’.) If prompted a dialog box with the options of Wizard or License Manager, select the License Manager option.
3. Navigate to the License Setup tab. Select the ‘Node locked (Standalone)’ radio button option. Then depress the Browse… button.
4. Highlight the Temp License .lic file and click open.
5. Click the Apply button.
6. Navigate to the Status tab. Verify the Authorization status is prompting: Succeeded. Additionally, it should display a license type of Node locked (standalone).
7. The license is now implemented and the CAMworks software can be used.
If you have any questions regarding the information above or are unable to troubleshoot this issue, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support at 1-877-266-4469 (US), 1-866-587-6803 (CAN), email@example.com.