Registration is a simple process that gives you access to features found in the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, such as downloads or the knowledge base.
Since registration is done via the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, this document also covers how to set up an account.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS, please contact Hawk Ridge Systems Technical Support.
You will need to create an account on the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal in order to begin registering products. If you already have an account set up, skip to the section titled Product Registration.
1. Navigate to https://customerportal.solidworks.com and click on Create a SOLIDWORKS ID.
2. Enter a valid company e-mail address, along with your 2018 SOLIDWORKS product serial number, and press the Next button.
3. You will now need to review your company information. It is recommended that you click the Yes button to accept the information that is shown and contact email@example.com if any changes need to be made.
4. Enter your first name, last name, and desired password during the Profile section.
5. Accept the Export Agreement at the bottom of the page to finish your account and go to the Customer Portal.
By this point, you should have an account on the Customer Portal as per the instructions in the previous section.
If you already have a SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account, follow the steps in this section to register your 2018 products.
1. Using a web browser, go to https://customerportal.solidworks.com.
2. Fill in the e-mail address and password for your account and press the Log In button to continue.
3. In the My Support section, click the Register My Products link.
4. Enter the serial number of the product you wish to register (you can only register one product at a time) and press the Next button to continue.
5. Press the button to the right of the Version field. This will open a window showing all the versions associated with the number that was loaded in the previous step. Select the 2018 version by pressing the > symbol next to the product. Press OK to close the pop up window, and this will fill in the version box for you. Press the Next button to continue.
6. Click the Next button to finish the registration.
7. Your 2018 product serial number is now registered on the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal.
Thank you, that worked!
Please sign in to leave a comment.