This document has detailed instructions on how to download, license, and install SOLIDWORKS Visualize.
Before loading any software, you should always login with full administrative permissions and disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
This is not a troubleshooting guide. If you have any technical issues with SOLIDWORKS Visualize, please contact a support technician through our website or call us at 1-877-266-4469 (U.S.A.) or 1-866-587-6803 (Canada).
This document is only to be distributed and used by Hawk Ridge Systems customers. Any other use is prohibited.
Hawk Ridge Systems highly recommends taking a moment before installing SOLIDWORKS and checking that you are ready to load your new software. First, ensure that your computer meets minimum system requirements and that your video card passes certification checks. Also, confirm that the hard drive has enough space to have at least 15% free space after the full installation. Back-up data such as any shared Toolbox library, Design Library, Template files, or a data management vault. As always, verify workmates, customers, or vendors are all on the same version of SOLIDWORKS. Older versions of SOLIDWORKS cannot open files from newer versions.
1. Ensure eligibility for SOLIDWORKS Visualize. SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard is bundled with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium packages. The SOLIDWORKS license must also be on active subscription. Visualize Standard and Professional can also be purchased as a separate product.
2. Login to your computer with full administrative rights.
3. Turn down the User Account Control setting (found in the Control Panel). To do this, navigate to your Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings. The window that follows will have a slider that controls how restrictive the User Account Control currently is. Make sure the setting is set to “Never Notify” before installing Visualize. Any changes made to the User Account Control requires a machine restart for the changes to take effect. If desired, this setting can be changed after installing Visualize.
4. Disable all anti-virus and anti-spyware tools.
SOLIDWORKS Visualize Standard is included with each SOLIDWORKS CAD Professional and Premium licenses on active Subscription. For Visualize Standard 2018, an additional serial number is required to activate the complimentary seat of Visualize Standard. This new additional serial number can be found by logging into your SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal and clicking My Products. In mid-October, this new Visualize Standard serial number for these eligible users will automatically appear in their My Products area of their SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal. These eligible users may no longer enter their SOLIDWORKS CAD Professional or Premium serial number to activate this complimentary seat of Visualize Standard.
With the 2018 release, Visualize is now installed via the SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager. If you have a SOLIDWORKS 2018 DVD kit, proceed to the next section for instructions on how to install. If you are looking to download or update Visualize 2018, please see our 2018 Downloads and Updates document for more details on how to obtain an Installation Manager for SOLIDWORKS.
1. Insert your SOLIDWORKS DVD or launch a 2018 SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager that can be obtained via the Customer Portal Downloads and Updates section.
2. The first page of the Installation Manager will welcome you to SOLIDWORKS and ask which type of installation you would like to perform. For a standalone install, pick the option Individual (on this computer). Press the Next button to continue.
3. The next page will ask for the serial numbers of your products. Input your Visualize serial number into the SOLIDWORKS Visualize field, found in the Visualization Input any other product serial numbers into their appropriate fields.
4. Click the Next button to continue. The Installation Manager will check to see that it is up to date. Additionally, it will confirm what products you are entitled to install.
5. You may be informed that there is a newer available for download. We recommend you choose to continue installing with your original service pack and upgrade later. If you receive this prompt, choose your desired option and press the Next button to continue.
6. During the Summary section, click on the CHANGE link found to the right of the Products drop down menu.
7. Ensure that Visualize is checked for install. Once you have done this, click Back to Summary to return to the summary section.
8. If you wish to edit your Download Options or Install Location, you can press the CHANGE button on any of these items to customize them. Pressing the Plus symbol (+) will show what the current settings are.
9. You will be shown the estimated install size for your products at the bottom of the Summary An estimated download size for additional install files may also be shown.
10. Click the Install Now button to continue. If there are any files that need downloading, this button will appear as Download and Install.
11. Any required download will start automatically.
12. If any install files were downloaded, the Visualize install will start automatically. Any other products that were selected during the previous Summary section will also install automatically.
13. Once the install has been completed, press the Finish button to exit the Installation Manager.
14. Now that Visualize is loaded, launch the software and follow the activation prompts to activate your license. Please see our 2018 Product Activation document if you would like instructions on how to do this.